Saturday, January 15, 2011

Subtle mine exercise

I found the subtle mind exercise to be more relaxing and easier to do than the loving-kindness exercise. The reason for this was the focusing on the breath every time you get distracted. The loving kindness exercise had me think of to many people that gave me a lot more things to be distracted by my wondering mind. With the subtle mind exercise all you had to concentrate was on your in breath or out breath just much simpler for me to stay focused or to refocus after my mind would wonder. The connection between spiritual, mental wellness, and  physical wellness. Is you cannot have one without the other. If you are sick spiritually you probably will not have the drive to work out physically. You probably will be searching for something to fill that void drugs, alcohol, sex, addiction is not the breading place for a mentally healthy mind or a physically healthy body. In my own life i feel mental health every time i go to church with my mom to fill my spiritual health when i feel this way usually i work out which is good for my physical health.

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan,
    Great post. I too found this exercise to be much easier than the loving kindness one. It is easier for me to focus on things that I can see and do not have to visualize. You are correct, when becoming distracted it was easier to come back to focusing on the rising of the chest. Great examples of the spiritual and physical well being and how you apply that to your personal life. You are absolutely correct when one area of our life is out of balance it does affect the other areas of our lives.
    Glad to hear you mention working out. That is my new passion and it helps me to relieve stress and feel better when I am done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jonathan,

    I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful job you did on your blog entry. I really enjoyed reading your post and I love the way you are able to put your thoughts and emotions in the entry with such ease. I agree with your argument that the subtle mind exercise allows for a less distractive point-of-view but I believe the loving kindness exercise allows for a great opportunity to express oneself. Although, I do agree that both are very helpful and are great ways to train the mind into become a healthier part of the overall wellness.

    I just wanted to thank you again for your blog, and I look forward to reading future entries that you contribute to. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete